What We Do
Hidden Shoal Publishing manages a growing catalogue of label released, curated tracks, all available for your music licensing needs. We provide a one-stop shop, handling both master and sync rights worldwide and can turn clearance requests around as quickly as your project requires. We work with large and small clients alike from independent productions to big scale projects across film, tv, games, web and more. We also license tracks for compilations and manage licensing for covers of Hidden Shoal songs. Our client list includes MTV, ABC (US), Billabong, Foxtel, BBC, Greenpoint Pictures, Turn Left Productions, Victorian Government, ABC (Australia) and many more.
This wonderful selection of music covers a broad spectrum of sounds and styles, from filmic neo-classical and expansive and emotive ambient instrumentals through to inventive indie and post-rock, electronica and all the spaces in-between. To give you an introductory feel for what we have to offer you can sample a small selection of sonic delights from the catalogue via our SoundCloud playlist to the right or stream releases via our artist’s profiles on this website.
Contact us for further information or with any licensing enquiries. Note we also offer free non-commercial licensing for videos on the YouTube network. See all the details here.
- We’re super excited to announce the reissue of ambient artist Slow Dancing Society’s acclaimed 2006 debut album, The Sound of Lights When Dim. This new remastered version is available in clear vinyl and digital formats, and is accompanied by a remix album featuring remixes of tracks from the original album by Echo Grid, Antonymes, Fr33dom ...
- Craig Hallsworth’s brilliant solo debut What’s The Story With This Hole? has landed in the top 10 of the AMRAP Metro Australian radio chart. The album has been getting plenty of spins across Australia’s fine independent stations and has been a featured release at RTRFM Perth, 4ZZZ Brisbane, Edge Radio Hobart,FBi Radio Sydney, and Triple ...
- Joe Sampson‘s gorgeous track ‘Orchard’ has been featured in the December New Indie Folk playlist from the lovely Indie Feed. Check out the playlist on YouTube and hear Joe nestled among a bevy of other amazing artists!
- Grab the latest paper edition of the always amazing The Big Takeover for the wonderful interview feature/interview with Kramies and also the fabulous review of Joe Sampson‘s Songs of Delay.
- Apricot Rail’s ‘Scarecrow’ and Craig Hallsworth’s ‘We’re Too Far Away (My Other Future, My Other Youth)’ have been featured in Will Backler’s (RTRFM Music Director) “The 8 Best Aussie Songs You Haven’t Heard” list over at Tone Deaf. Nice!
- Hidden Shoal is excited to end the celebration of its 10th year of existence with the new compilation album Eat Your Friends, comprising remixes and covers of Hidden Shoal artists, by Hidden Shoal artists. This freely downloadable album not only showcases the wealth of original music released through Hidden Shoal, but also the creative ingenuity ...
- We’re excited to announce the official release of Joe Sampson‘s stunning new release Chansons de Parade, featuring the single ‘Wealth‘. The album is available now exclusively via BandCamp as a “pay what you want” and will also be available via iTunes, Spotify, Amazon et al later next week. Joe will be launching the album tonight ...
- The REW<< track ‘Big Fish And The Sirens’ is featured in the wonderful trailer for the forthcoming web series Rancho. The series was written by, and also stars, Jamie H Jung.
- Apricot Rail’s ‘Scarecrow’ is featured on the very last (ever!) MAAMF mixtape! Sad to see the world lose the wonderful Australian blog but what a tape to go out on.
- Slow Dancing Society‘s stunning release The Wagers Of Love And Their Songs From The Witching Hour has made the best albums of 2016 list at the awesome Ambient Music Guide! Here’s what they had to say about the album,
“This latest collection of emotional post-rock miniatures from Drew Sullivan aka Slow Dancing Society is by turns cinematic, ...
More Licensing News