Who We Are
Hidden Shoal is an Australia-based independent label and music licensing agency founded in 2006. Our core label team have extensive backgrounds in the Australian and international music scenes, and more importantly have an intense passion for good music, no matter the style. Our approach has earned us a reputation for releasing exciting and engaging new independent music that is not bound by genre.
Hidden Shoal was dubbed “this generation’s 4AD” by New York radio host DJ Mojo, and was described by The Mountain Goats’ John Darnielle as “one of the great wonders of our age.”
Since the label’s inception, we have prided ourselves on a diverse and lovingly curated catalogue of music. The artists we work with constantly inspire and surprise us. We only work with the music we love – the kind of music we fervently listen to as fans.
We provide a co-operative support framework for our artists to release their work, while allowing them to retain 100% of their retail sales and all backend publishing royalties. We act as licensing agents for our artists and pursue licensing opportunities on their behalf, constantly looking for new ways to telescope our artists’ music into new arenas.
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Kramies “Of All The Places Been & Everything The End” Out Now!
- New Alpha Hall Single and Music Video
- Markus Mehr’s “Liquid Empires” Out Now (Cassette & Digital)
- Alpha Hall “Omens” Out Now!
- New REW<< Single Out Now, Remix EP Coming Soon
- Medard Fischer “Lucky You” Reviewed at EtherREAL
- Todd Tobias and Chloe March ‘Ma Leila Lulla’ Reviewed at Tome To The Weather Machine
- Todd Tobias & Chloe March “Amialluma” Reviewed at Textura
- Slow Dancing Society “The Torchlight Parade Vol. II” Reviewed at Textura
- Kramies ‘The Hill Dweller’ Reviewed at Half-Life Music