Excerpt: “‘Green Light District’ reflects an upbringing on left of centre American radio rock. It’s anthemic but it has a core of misery running through its veins. The second song, ‘Supply Chins’, is propelled by crunchy guitar riffs and FM friendly choruses. It’s an impressive start from Umpire and they very rarely lose momentum after that. The guitar and vocal curveballs on ‘Corner An Owl In An Alcove’ and ‘Jewellery Can Be Disturbing’ are as inventive as their titles suggest and even more compelling… ‘Streamers’ and ‘Milking A Thistle’ sees them invigorated with youthful exuberance, whilst the stark, echo-laden ‘Spotlights’ proves they can perform ballads and still send shivers down the spine. Intelligently the group have learned from experiences in progressive, American radio and post rock to produce a satisfying and complete record. This is proof that mature rock can also thrill.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- New Moonchy & Tobias Single from “Atmosfere”
- New Moonchy & Tobias Single & Music Video – Atmosfere
- New Hidden Shoal Remix Comp Released – Free Download
- Jumpel’s “Cabogato” Album Out Now!
- New Target Archery Remix – Featured Track at RTRFM