“Vermont’s The Hero Cycle, a coagulation of assorted members of the eclectic Burlington scene, are a talented, energetic group. Huge, sweeping guitars mix with clever synth lines; big drums skillfully, often playfully, punctuate the elongated, epic riffs; the bass gives weight to every turn in musical direction; and the vocalists — there are three credited — are well above average for today’s indie music scene. Lakes and Ponds embraces everything from the cinematic quality of bands like Explosions in the Sky to the pop narratives of the 1980s, all without straining to coordinate the varying influences. For a debut EP, this is extremely impressive.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Liminal Drifter ‘Child’s Play’ – New Single!
- Battlestations “Splinters, Vol. I: Tremor” Out Now
- Willem Gator “Fragments Vol. 1″ EP Out Now!
- Summon the Birds ‘Losing My Religion’ (R.E.M. Cover)
- New Single from Forthcoming Memorybell Album
- Chloe March ‘All Things Good’ Reviewed at Fifty3 Musings on Music
- Chloe March ‘All Things Good’ Reviewed at Fresh on the Net
- Chloe March “Starlings and Crows” In Best of Mark Griffin’s Best of 2020
- “Moonchy & Tobias III” Reviewed at Keys and Chords
- “Moonchy & Tobias III” Reviewed at MPodia