“Vermont’s The Hero Cycle, a coagulation of assorted members of the eclectic Burlington scene, are a talented, energetic group. Huge, sweeping guitars mix with clever synth lines; big drums skillfully, often playfully, punctuate the elongated, epic riffs; the bass gives weight to every turn in musical direction; and the vocalists — there are three credited — are well above average for today’s indie music scene. Lakes and Ponds embraces everything from the cinematic quality of bands like Explosions in the Sky to the pop narratives of the 1980s, all without straining to coordinate the varying influences. For a debut EP, this is extremely impressive.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Memorybell ‘Day Glides After You’ Live Performance
- The Slanted City Debut Out Now!
- “Moonchy & Tobias III” Reviewed at Louder Than War
- Target Archery Feature Album at RTRFM
- New Chloe March Single – ‘Remember That Sky’