Excerpt: “Tarcutta’s first outing on Hidden Shoal Recordings is an impressive debut that nails (in one hit) the post rock instrumental form that this label so diligently champions. [The organ/piano combination] lends Tarcutta a distinctive sound and aids their movement into compositional domains beyond the boundaries of visceral rock sport. Indeed, a furtive maddening organ solo during ‘You Gotta crawl before you walk, before you waltz’ demonstrates clearly the distinctive possibilities of this oft neglected instrument. Tarcutta’s self titled album will provide a thrill to post rock friendly ears out there who prefer their music with intelligent compositions, wide vistas and the odd modicum of raw power.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Memorybell “No Anchor” Out Now
- Liminal Drifter ‘Child’s Play’ – New Single!
- Battlestations “Splinters, Vol. I: Tremor” Out Now
- Willem Gator “Fragments Vol. 1″ EP Out Now!
- Summon the Birds ‘Losing My Religion’ (R.E.M. Cover)
- Chloe March ‘All Things Good’ Reviewed at Fifty3 Musings on Music
- Chloe March ‘All Things Good’ Reviewed at Fresh on the Net
- Chloe March “Starlings and Crows” In Best of Mark Griffin’s Best of 2020
- “Moonchy & Tobias III” Reviewed at Keys and Chords
- “Moonchy & Tobias III” Reviewed at MPodia