“Now five albums deep into a well-developed and diverse career within your basic experimental ambient/drone/noise framework, Germany’s Markus Mehr returned late last year with his latest album Binary Rooms, pushing his emotionally-charged sonic sculptures into much more dangerous and unpredictable territory, all while sounding more sculpted and designed than ever. The album plays on a sense of aural scale, the volumes and densities of specific sounds carefully examined, molded into shapes and arranged within a systemic puzzle of stereo. “Gymnasium / Swarms” is an intense listen and a real treat with the accompanying video by Stefanie Sixt, which expertly visualizes each sound’s minutiae of detail and their swift, subtle movements with 3-demensional abstract shapes and colors. Totally mesmerizing and beautiful. Binary Rooms is out now on Hidden Shoal Recordings.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Three Questions With Target Archery
- Fantastic Liminal Drifter Interview with Kylie Sturgess
- Chloe March “Blood-Red Spark” Out Now!
- Willem Gator’s “Locked-In Syndrome” Out Now!
- Kramies Featured on Crackerfarm (Mike Beyers)
- Slow Dancing Society ‘Lilacs’ Reviewd at The Burning Ear
- AWMA ‘Sterling Hayden and the Great Nobility’ Reviewed at Overblown
- Willem Gator “Locked-In Syndrome” Reviewed at Wicked Style
- Willem Gator “Locked-In Syndrome” Reviewed at Global Music Magazine
- Rewilding ‘High Desert’ Reviewed at The Sunday Experience