“Now five albums deep into a well-developed and diverse career within your basic experimental ambient/drone/noise framework, Germany’s Markus Mehr returned late last year with his latest album Binary Rooms, pushing his emotionally-charged sonic sculptures into much more dangerous and unpredictable territory, all while sounding more sculpted and designed than ever. The album plays on a sense of aural scale, the volumes and densities of specific sounds carefully examined, molded into shapes and arranged within a systemic puzzle of stereo. “Gymnasium / Swarms” is an intense listen and a real treat with the accompanying video by Stefanie Sixt, which expertly visualizes each sound’s minutiae of detail and their swift, subtle movements with 3-demensional abstract shapes and colors. Totally mesmerizing and beautiful. Binary Rooms is out now on Hidden Shoal Recordings.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Kramies “Of All The Places Been & Everything The End” Out Now!
- New Alpha Hall Single and Music Video
- Markus Mehr’s “Liquid Empires” Out Now (Cassette & Digital)
- Alpha Hall “Omens” Out Now!
- New REW<< Single Out Now, Remix EP Coming Soon
- Medard Fischer “Lucky You” Reviewed at EtherREAL
- Todd Tobias and Chloe March ‘Ma Leila Lulla’ Reviewed at Tome To The Weather Machine
- Todd Tobias & Chloe March “Amialluma” Reviewed at Textura
- Slow Dancing Society “The Torchlight Parade Vol. II” Reviewed at Textura
- Kramies ‘The Hill Dweller’ Reviewed at Half-Life Music