“Now five albums deep into a well-developed and diverse career within your basic experimental ambient/drone/noise framework, Germany’s Markus Mehr returned late last year with his latest album Binary Rooms, pushing his emotionally-charged sonic sculptures into much more dangerous and unpredictable territory, all while sounding more sculpted and designed than ever. The album plays on a sense of aural scale, the volumes and densities of specific sounds carefully examined, molded into shapes and arranged within a systemic puzzle of stereo. “Gymnasium / Swarms” is an intense listen and a real treat with the accompanying video by Stefanie Sixt, which expertly visualizes each sound’s minutiae of detail and their swift, subtle movements with 3-demensional abstract shapes and colors. Totally mesmerizing and beautiful. Binary Rooms is out now on Hidden Shoal Recordings.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- New Single from The World of Dust ‘Tarot’ – Music Video & Stream
- Slow Dancing Society “Fantosmes” Out Now (Vinyl, Tape, CD & Digital)
- Three Questions With Connected View
- The World of Dust (feat. Todd Tobias) – New Single, Album Soon!
- Moonchy & Tobias in HCTF Best of 2018!
- Kramies ‘Of All The Places Been’ Reviewed at Fuzzy Logic
- Chloe March ‘Snow Bird’ Reviewed at Trust The Doc
- Alpha Hall “Omens” Reviewed at Forte
- Kramies “Of all the Places Been & Everything the End” Reviewed at A Decouvrir Absolument
- Moonchy & Tobias ‘ La Bete Et La Belle’ Reviewed at Dark Life Experience