“I am an unabashed Hidden Shoal fan. The Australian label has been pumping out releases of lush, cinematic aspirations of ambient and neo-classical artists for a better part of it’s existence that, at times, is overcome by its eclectic output ranging from conspiracy-punks to 90’s slowcore revivalists to every deriviation of weirdos (Australian and otherwise) in between. Long Distance Transmissions, however, is a surprisingly cohesive collection of sprawling ambient, electro-acoustic, post-classical and just about ever derivation (Australian and otherwise) of lushly produced, slightly melancholic, wordless music in between. Highlights include Markus Mehr’s Tim Hecker-meets-Heinz Riegler meditative distorted synth composition “Hubble, the chopped and glitched electro-acoustic number by Kryshe, the minor key minimalist techno of Cheekbone and the emotional heft of the 80’s nostalgia of Slow Dancing Society’s bubbling arpeggios and soundtrack-worthy dynamics. It makes sense that Hidden Shoal also exists as a licensing company, many of these compositions, if not already, seem to soundtrack some deeply resonant scenes in films (never made).”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- New Chloe March Single and Forthcoming Album!
- Interview With Kramies at Half-Life Music
- New Target Archery Music Video – ‘Scarecrow’
- Kramies Westy Session Feature (Live in a Van!)
- New Willem Gator Single From Forthcoming Album!
- Willem Gator ‘Closer’ Reviewed at Escafandrista
- Kramies ‘I Wished I Missed You’ Reviewed at With Just A Hint Of Mayhem
- Kramies ‘I Wished I Missed You’ Reviewed at Totoromoon
- Kramies ‘I Wished I Missed You’ Reviewed at Soul Kitchen
- Kramies ‘I Wished I Missed You’ Reviewed at Impose Magazine