“I am an unabashed Hidden Shoal fan. The Australian label has been pumping out releases of lush, cinematic aspirations of ambient and neo-classical artists for a better part of it’s existence that, at times, is overcome by its eclectic output ranging from conspiracy-punks to 90’s slowcore revivalists to every deriviation of weirdos (Australian and otherwise) in between. Long Distance Transmissions, however, is a surprisingly cohesive collection of sprawling ambient, electro-acoustic, post-classical and just about ever derivation (Australian and otherwise) of lushly produced, slightly melancholic, wordless music in between. Highlights include Markus Mehr’s Tim Hecker-meets-Heinz Riegler meditative distorted synth composition “Hubble, the chopped and glitched electro-acoustic number by Kryshe, the minor key minimalist techno of Cheekbone and the emotional heft of the 80’s nostalgia of Slow Dancing Society’s bubbling arpeggios and soundtrack-worthy dynamics. It makes sense that Hidden Shoal also exists as a licensing company, many of these compositions, if not already, seem to soundtrack some deeply resonant scenes in films (never made).”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Connected View ‘Dark Dogs’ – New Track and Music Video
- Gorgeous New Single from Chloe March!
- Chloe March featured in The Epileptic Gibbon’s Best of 2017!
- Summon the Birds “Blood Love” Out Now (Vinyl, Digital)
- Kramies Interview on Behind the Scene
- Summon the Birds “Blood Love” Reviewed at Emerging Indie Bands
- Summon the Birds “Blood Love” Reviewed at Half-Life Music
- Chloe March “Blood-Red Spark” Reviewed at Textura
- Chloe March ‘Calypso Wants’ in Underground of Happiness Best of 2017
- Chloe March “Blood-Red Spark” Reviewed at Music Won’t Save You