Who We Are
Hidden Shoal is an Australia-based independent label and music licensing agency founded in 2006. Our core label team have extensive backgrounds in the Australian and international music scenes, and more importantly have an intense passion for good music, no matter the style. Our approach has earned us a reputation for releasing exciting and engaging new independent music that is not bound by genre.
Hidden Shoal was dubbed “this generation’s 4AD” by New York radio host DJ Mojo, and was described by The Mountain Goats’ John Darnielle as “one of the great wonders of our age.”
Since the label’s inception, we have prided ourselves on a diverse and lovingly curated catalogue of music. The artists we work with constantly inspire and surprise us. We only work with the music we love – the kind of music we fervently listen to as fans.
We provide a co-operative support framework for our artists to release their work, while allowing them to retain 100% of their retail sales. We act as licensing agents for our artists and pursue licensing opportunities on their behalf, constantly looking for new ways to telescope our artists’ music into new arenas.
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Slow Dancing Society Debut Reissue – Vinyl Pre-orders & Single
- Craig Hallsworth AMRAP Metro Australian Radio Chart Top 10!
- Joe Sampson Featured in December Indie Feed Playlist
- Vote for Liminal Drifter in SBS Chill’s “Chillest 100″
- Kramies Interview in The Big Takeover
- Slow Dancing Society “The Wagers of Love and Their Songs from the Witching Hour” Reviewed at Hypnagogue
- Slow Dancing Society ‘Radiance’ Reviewed at The Sunday Experience
- Todd Tobias “Gila Man” Reviewed at Festival Info
- Joe Sampson “Chanson de Parade” Reviewed at Half-Life Music
- “Eat Your Friends” Compilation Reviewed at DOA