Who We Are
Hidden Shoal is an Australia-based independent publisher and label founded in 2006. Our core label team have extensive backgrounds in the Australian and international music scenes, and more importantly have an intense passion for good music, no matter the style. Our approach has earned us a reputation for releasing exciting and engaging new independent music that is not bound by genre.
Hidden Shoal was dubbed “this generation’s 4AD” by New York radio host DJ Mojo, and was described by The Mountain Goats’ John Darnielle as “one of the great wonders of our age.”
Since the label’s inception, we have prided ourselves on a diverse and lovingly curated catalogue of music. The artists we work with constantly inspire and surprise us. We only work with the music we love – the kind of music we fervently listen to as fans.
We provide a co-operative support framework for our artists to release their work, while allowing them to retain 100% of their retail sales. We act as publishers for our artists and pursue licensing opportunities on their behalf, and we are constantly looking for new ways to telescope our artists’ music into new arenas.
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- New Slow Dancing Society Album Out 23/8/16
- Arc Lab ‘All These Worlds Are Yours’ Music Video
- Antonymes Featured On Official Spotify Playlist
- Featured Track – Erik Nilsson ‘Ex Nihilo’
- New Arc Lab Single, Album Pre-Orders & Video Teaser
- Arc Lab ‘Through The Burning Glass’ Reviewed at The Sunday Experience
- Antonymes “(For Now We See) Through a Glass Dimly” Reviewed at SoWhat
- Arc Lab ‘All These Worlds Are Yours’ Reviewed at The Sunday Experience
- Glanko + Daniel Bailey “Isometrik” Reviewed at Igloo Mag
- Erik Nilsson “Recollage” Reviewed at Luna Kafe