“Chloë March has been a favourite of mine ever since I first heard her unique music on the Tom Ravenscroft Show on BBC Radio 6 Music. That was a few years ago and, in the time since, she has continued to write and record engaging, ethereal music that is difficult to categorise, drawing on classical, psychedelic, prog, folk, eastern, jazz and other flavours united by her otherworldly voice, soulful brooding melodies and clever impressionistic arrangements. All these qualities are strongly in evidence on Lallulow, the single she has released with ambient producer Todd Tobias which I have had the privilege of receiving as a pre-release promo. It’s a taster for their collaborative album due out in September and on it Chloë gets to take the ‘voice as instrument’ concept a stage further with warbles, rattles and invented words that add to the aura of the track and hint at a Cocteaus influence which is music (sic.) to my ears. Set against synth chords, evocative strings and an overall sense of breaking waves and drifting white clouds, her voice floats effortlessly and occasionally soars too. Excited about the album? You bet.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Stunning New Kramies Video Featured in Billboard Magazine!
- Three Hidden Shoal Albums in Textura’s Best of 2018!
- New Chloe March Single, ‘Snow Bird’
- REW<< “Conversation Arctique” EP Out Now!
- Pledge and Get Slow Dancing Society’s “The Dusk Recital” on Vinyl!
- Kramies “Of all the Places Been & Everything the End” Reviewed at A Decouvrir Absolument
- Moonchy & Tobias ‘ La Bete Et La Belle’ Reviewed at Dark Life Experience
- Todd Tobias & Chloe March “Amialluma” Reviewed by Craig Laurance Gidney
- Kramies “Of All The Places Been & Everything The End” Reviewed at Americana UK
- Moonchy & Tobias Reviewed at Here Comes The Flood