“A collaboration between musicians Todd Tobias and Chloë March, Amialluma is an album’s worth of atmospheric ambient music that desultorily drifts between a whimsical and eerie tone. All ten compositions have a distinct hauntological ambiance. The soundscapes have the feel of the soundtrack to a forgotten children’s movie. Music box melodies, echoed bell-like tones and 60s Sci-Fi sounds are woven together, mostly in a halcyon mood that gets disturbed by the occasional dark chord progression. March sings, purrs, trills, murmurs and chants words in an invented language that manages to be both soothing and disturbing, like a feral child raised by nature. The resulting suite (which is how it is supposed to be listened to) reminds of me of the work of the English band Pram, (who share a similar tonal palette crossed) with the Cocteau Twins at their most tranquil.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- New Memorybell Single and Music Video
- Debut Otinget Single (Feat. Reine Fiske of Dungen)
- New Single from The World of Dust Forthcoming Album
- Liminal Drifter ‘Lured by the Lounge’ – New Single!
- Moonchy & Tobias “Venus Mirror” EP Out Now!