Excerpt: “Although not as heavy or metal-leaning as Black Mountain, there’s a certain stoner pop feeling on the opener ‘I Waste the Sea’ with more muscle and brawn tossed in halfway through. Meanwhile, the airy, spacey ‘People Leave Heaven’ also shines quite nicely with its subtle nod to The Smiths. Perhaps the first real highlight is the strong, powerful nugget ‘Nil By Rote’. The band’s knack for crafting brilliant melodies is also apparent on ‘Yoshkar-ola Song’… the record returns to life with a delicate but delicious title track, resembling Explosions In the Sky.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Liminal Drifter ‘Child’s Play’ – New Single!
- Battlestations “Splinters, Vol. I: Tremor” Out Now
- Willem Gator “Fragments Vol. 1″ EP Out Now!
- Summon the Birds ‘Losing My Religion’ (R.E.M. Cover)
- New Single from Forthcoming Memorybell Album
- Chloe March ‘All Things Good’ Reviewed at Fifty3 Musings on Music
- Chloe March ‘All Things Good’ Reviewed at Fresh on the Net
- Chloe March “Starlings and Crows” In Best of Mark Griffin’s Best of 2020
- “Moonchy & Tobias III” Reviewed at Keys and Chords
- “Moonchy & Tobias III” Reviewed at MPodia