Excerpt: “Like many of WA’s indie rock bands, the emphasis in The Slow Beings’ sound is on melody and beauty rather than heavy rock and glitz, like the Shins and the Panics before them… The high point of the album, and the song everyone raves about, is ‘I Waste The Sea’. Its mash of Weezer-style rock and nonsensical lyrics nods to At The Drive-In, before becoming psychedelic half-way through… We Know Why The Earth Moves… will please those who like indie pop-rock blends without the electro-frills that have adorned much of the scene lately. It dishes up folk and garage in just-palatable sized pieces.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Paraphon “Soviet Cities on the Moon”
- Rewilding Feature at Anchorage Press
- Karl Blau & The World of Dust – “Blue Herons” Split 7″
- Brief Conversations: An Interview with Markus Mehr
- Liminal Drifter “Connected” Out Now!