Excerpt: “Perth-based post-shoegaze band My Majestic Star’s preceding impressive ‘Too Late, The Day’ collection saw the group evolve into a full live band for the first time…. Perhaps most immediately noticeable is that cellist Miriam Braun contributes vocals alongside Mason for the first time here, but overall there’s an increased feeling of rawness and live energy being harnessed, in comparison to their previous recorded work. ‘Stranger’ begins proceedings with a slow wash of languid live drums and ebbing organ tones before bleeding out into mournful cello tones, chiming guitars and droning feedback, in an opener that certainly hints towards The Dirty Three’s slow, relentless burn as it ascends towards its emotional crescendo…. In this case, the experience gained by My Majestic Star performing as a live act in support of their preceding collection goes a long way towards making ‘I Haven’t Got It In Me’ their most satisfying album to date.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Liminal Drifter ‘Child’s Play’ – New Single!
- Battlestations “Splinters, Vol. I: Tremor” Out Now
- Willem Gator “Fragments Vol. 1″ EP Out Now!
- Summon the Birds ‘Losing My Religion’ (R.E.M. Cover)
- New Single from Forthcoming Memorybell Album
- Chloe March ‘All Things Good’ Reviewed at Fifty3 Musings on Music
- Chloe March ‘All Things Good’ Reviewed at Fresh on the Net
- Chloe March “Starlings and Crows” In Best of Mark Griffin’s Best of 2020
- “Moonchy & Tobias III” Reviewed at Keys and Chords
- “Moonchy & Tobias III” Reviewed at MPodia