Excerpt: “Perth-based post-shoegaze band My Majestic Star’s preceding impressive ‘Too Late, The Day’ collection saw the group evolve into a full live band for the first time…. Perhaps most immediately noticeable is that cellist Miriam Braun contributes vocals alongside Mason for the first time here, but overall there’s an increased feeling of rawness and live energy being harnessed, in comparison to their previous recorded work. ‘Stranger’ begins proceedings with a slow wash of languid live drums and ebbing organ tones before bleeding out into mournful cello tones, chiming guitars and droning feedback, in an opener that certainly hints towards The Dirty Three’s slow, relentless burn as it ascends towards its emotional crescendo…. In this case, the experience gained by My Majestic Star performing as a live act in support of their preceding collection goes a long way towards making ‘I Haven’t Got It In Me’ their most satisfying album to date.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Moonchy & Tobias “Wild Eye” Out Now!
- New Moonchy & Tobias Single – ‘Shangri La’
- Erik Nilsson “Recollage (Reworked)” Release
- New Apricot Rail Track and Upcoming Show
- Willem Gator “The Encyclopedia of Failure” Out Now!
- Willem Gator “Encyclopedia of Failure” Reviewed at Europa e Cultura Electronica
- Kramies Self-Titled Album Reviewed at Neufutur
- Kramies ‘4:44am’ Reviewed at Queen City Sounds and Art
- Kramies ‘Ohio I’ll Be Fine’ Reviewed at Atwood Magazine
- Kramies Self-Titled Album Reviewed at Vents Magazine