Excerpt: “On his third full length album for Hidden Shoal, Jumpel curates gentle whispers, lonely glances and tired sighs, in his carefully produced environmental snapshots of the world. Europa is Jo Dürbeck’s continuation of sound exploration as Jumpel, inspired by his travels around the continent, transforming his memories into eleven tracks titled after the visited cities. From Stockholm to Madrid to Vienna and Lisbon, Dürbeck’s album is more than an audio travelogue, it is an “abstracted sonic diary, painting the intangibility and romanticism of memory and travel using sparse yet resonant sound.” There’s no trickery here to ploy the listener and bend his ear, instead the familiar fragments of harmony and effected progression shine through with their exquisite moments, and comfortably settle on their best. Although at times such a description may sound undesirable, I assure you that in this context it is meant as a compliment. Indeed, these tracks are perfect for my morning, rainy and drowsy commute, each telling a story of another city, ticking away with the clink-clank of the train. Perhaps somebody out there, perhaps Dürbeck, perhaps even you, is listening to the story of my city, on their own morning, rainy, and drowsy commute.”
- New Moonchy & Tobias Single – ‘Shangri La’
- Erik Nilsson “Recollage (Reworked)” Release
- New Apricot Rail Track and Upcoming Show
- Willem Gator “The Encyclopedia of Failure” Out Now!
- Liminal Drifter “Cortisol 22” Out Now!
- Willem Gator “Encyclopedia of Failure” Reviewed at Europa e Cultura Electronica
- Kramies Self-Titled Album Reviewed at Neufutur
- Kramies ‘4:44am’ Reviewed at Queen City Sounds and Art
- Kramies ‘Ohio I’ll Be Fine’ Reviewed at Atwood Magazine
- Kramies Self-Titled Album Reviewed at Vents Magazine