“Half Film is striking in its simplicity. Its sound — characterized by Devlin’s mechanical, arpeggiated guitar, Hedderman’s keen melodic sense, and Lakis’ understated, often brushed drumming — has been called hypnotic by more than one observer. Atop it all is Devlin’s Irish-accented baritone (both he and Hedderman hail from Dublin), and expressionist lyrics. The band’s newly released sophomore album, The Road to the Crater, is remarkable more for creating space — and the sense of it — than for filling it up. It’s Half Film’s ability to conjure what (Monte) Vallier calls “a mood” that has endeared the band to fans throughout the U.S. and Europe.” – SF Weekly
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Three Questions with Erik Nilsson
- Connected View “Chun Pop” Out Now!
- Summon the Birds Live on RRR
- Test Card Signs to Hidden Shoal
- Beautiful New Crisopa Single – ‘Expectorant Ballad’