“Half Film is striking in its simplicity. Its sound — characterized by Devlin’s mechanical, arpeggiated guitar, Hedderman’s keen melodic sense, and Lakis’ understated, often brushed drumming — has been called hypnotic by more than one observer. Atop it all is Devlin’s Irish-accented baritone (both he and Hedderman hail from Dublin), and expressionist lyrics. The band’s newly released sophomore album, The Road to the Crater, is remarkable more for creating space — and the sense of it — than for filling it up. It’s Half Film’s ability to conjure what (Monte) Vallier calls “a mood” that has endeared the band to fans throughout the U.S. and Europe.” – SF Weekly
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Moonchy & Tobias “Wild Eye” Out Now!
- New Moonchy & Tobias Single – ‘Shangri La’
- Erik Nilsson “Recollage (Reworked)” Release
- New Apricot Rail Track and Upcoming Show
- Willem Gator “The Encyclopedia of Failure” Out Now!
- Willem Gator “Encyclopedia of Failure” Reviewed at Europa e Cultura Electronica
- Kramies Self-Titled Album Reviewed at Neufutur
- Kramies ‘4:44am’ Reviewed at Queen City Sounds and Art
- Kramies ‘Ohio I’ll Be Fine’ Reviewed at Atwood Magazine
- Kramies Self-Titled Album Reviewed at Vents Magazine