“Half Film is striking in its simplicity. Its sound — characterized by Devlin’s mechanical, arpeggiated guitar, Hedderman’s keen melodic sense, and Lakis’ understated, often brushed drumming — has been called hypnotic by more than one observer. Atop it all is Devlin’s Irish-accented baritone (both he and Hedderman hail from Dublin), and expressionist lyrics. The band’s newly released sophomore album, The Road to the Crater, is remarkable more for creating space — and the sense of it — than for filling it up. It’s Half Film’s ability to conjure what (Monte) Vallier calls “a mood” that has endeared the band to fans throughout the U.S. and Europe.” – SF Weekly
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Three Questions With Target Archery
- Fantastic Liminal Drifter Interview with Kylie Sturgess
- Chloe March “Blood-Red Spark” Out Now!
- Willem Gator’s “Locked-In Syndrome” Out Now!
- Kramies Featured on Crackerfarm (Mike Beyers)
- Slow Dancing Society ‘Lilacs’ Reviewd at The Burning Ear
- AWMA ‘Sterling Hayden and the Great Nobility’ Reviewed at Overblown
- Willem Gator “Locked-In Syndrome” Reviewed at Wicked Style
- Willem Gator “Locked-In Syndrome” Reviewed at Global Music Magazine
- Rewilding ‘High Desert’ Reviewed at The Sunday Experience