“Half Film is striking in its simplicity. Its sound — characterized by Devlin’s mechanical, arpeggiated guitar, Hedderman’s keen melodic sense, and Lakis’ understated, often brushed drumming — has been called hypnotic by more than one observer. Atop it all is Devlin’s Irish-accented baritone (both he and Hedderman hail from Dublin), and expressionist lyrics. The band’s newly released sophomore album, The Road to the Crater, is remarkable more for creating space — and the sense of it — than for filling it up. It’s Half Film’s ability to conjure what (Monte) Vallier calls “a mood” that has endeared the band to fans throughout the U.S. and Europe.” – SF Weekly
- Otinget’s Brilliant Debut Album Out Now!
- The World of Dust “True Sound” Out Now!
- Memorybell “Glass Garden” Out Now!
- Jumpel Releases Beautiful New Album “Drive”
- Epic New Battlestations Album, “Splinters, Vol II: Bruise”, Out Now!
- Otinget ‘The Greatest Thing That Never Happened’ Reviewed at Various Small Flames
- Otinget ‘The Greatest Thing That Never Happened’ Reviewed at The Revue
- Memorybell “No Anchor” Reviewed at Echoes and Dust
- Moonchy & Tobias ‘Foglia di Te’ Reviewed at Tonic Grain
- Chloe March “Starlings & Crows” Reviewed at Ondarock