“I missed Half Film by just a hair when I arrived in the greater Bay Area in 2000, but they had left a lasting effect on countless moody guitar acts that could be described as the “SlowCore” scene. I picked up their final 7 inch released on AIP Records in 2000, but was never able to acquire their earlier material in a physical format. Thanks to Hidden Shoal Records, now a whole new generation of depressed-sounding bands can see what Half Film was all about…This is highly recommended stuff for anyone who has a Red House Painters or Low record sitting on their shelf. The fact that these guys don’t have the same fan base as those bands shocks me to no end.” – Some Lost, Some Found
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- New Single from Todd Tobias & Chloe March – ‘Lallulow’
- Connected View “Energy Negative House” Out Now!
- Fantastic Interview With Liminal Drifter on RTRFM
- Liminal Drifter Top NACC College Radio Adds!
- Christopher Sky Joins The Hidden Shoal Family