At the heart of The Star Department‘s superb debut album The Pea Green Boat lies ‘Stitches and Sleeves’. The track is bound together by a heartbreaking guitar line, a silvery waltz-time figure that sends shivers up the spine. Combined with shuffling drums, a muted yet ominous horn section, and Justin Commins vulnerable, almost defeated vocal, the song radiates melancholic pop magic.
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Three Questions with Erik Nilsson
- Connected View “Chun Pop” Out Now!
- Summon the Birds Live on RRR
- Test Card Signs to Hidden Shoal
- Beautiful New Crisopa Single – ‘Expectorant Ballad’