Everything about ‘Inventors’ is absolutely perfect: the chord sequence, in one of Kramies‘ usual weird tunings; the shimmering lead guitar work by David Paolucci; Todd Tobias’s production – and it’s all wrapped up in just over 3 minutes. I’m almost embarrassed to admit it, but I’m fondly reminded of ‘Spies’ from Coldplay’s debut album Parachutes, before they became one of the biggest bands in the world. ‘Inventors’ has a similar understated grandeur that’s subtly devastating.
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Three Questions with Erik Nilsson
- Connected View “Chun Pop” Out Now!
- Summon the Birds Live on RRR
- Test Card Signs to Hidden Shoal
- Beautiful New Crisopa Single – ‘Expectorant Ballad’