This week’s featured track comes via the wonderful dream-gaze of City of Satellites. ‘BMX’ from their brilliant debut album Machine Is My Animal is a sublime cut. The song hovers across beds of widescreen synths and levitating rhythm guitar while Jarrod Manual’s alto vocals weave through the mix. And then just when you’re set in the groove, in comes a dramatic change that never fails to bring me goosebumps. It’s such a beautiful pay-off and such smart and affecting songwriting. Be sure to also check out the brilliant music video for the track here.
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Moonchy & Tobias “Wild Eye” Out Now!
- New Moonchy & Tobias Single – ‘Shangri La’
- Erik Nilsson “Recollage (Reworked)” Release
- New Apricot Rail Track and Upcoming Show
- Willem Gator “The Encyclopedia of Failure” Out Now!
- Willem Gator “Encyclopedia of Failure” Reviewed at Europa e Cultura Electronica
- Kramies Self-Titled Album Reviewed at Neufutur
- Kramies ‘4:44am’ Reviewed at Queen City Sounds and Art
- Kramies ‘Ohio I’ll Be Fine’ Reviewed at Atwood Magazine
- Kramies Self-Titled Album Reviewed at Vents Magazine