On ‘Ex Nihilo’, the quicksilver opener to his superb 2015 album Hearing Things, Erik Nilsson‘s impressionistic deployment of the guitar is very much in the tradition of Talk Talk’s Mark Hollis: minimal notes, maximum impact. The track beautifully sets the stage for the album to follow, putting the listener in a receptive, contemplative mood that allows Nilsson to work his magic to best effect.
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- “Moonchy & Tobias III” Out Now!
- Chloe March “Starlings & Crows” Out Now!
- Memorybell ‘Day Glides After You’ Live Performance
- The Slanted City Debut Out Now!
- Target Archery Feature Album at RTRFM