Six years on from their their brilliant 2009 release Soundcheck for a Missing Movie, Italys serpentine instrumental rock outfit HC-B have once again delivered the goods. ‘Deux’ is their new single taken from their forthcoming third album Rough. The track is a masterclass in slow-burning restraint, its guitar and bass melodies weaving around each other in dizzying patterns. The song’s cumulative power comes from the tenacity with which the band explore each facet of the main theme’s melodic colours before erupting into fuzzed-out power chords at the song’s climax. What’s even more impressive is hearing ‘Deux’ within the context of the album, as each of the five long pieces complement and play off each other, creating a satisfying whole that evolves kaleidoscopically with repeat listens.
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Three Questions With Target Archery
- Fantastic Liminal Drifter Interview with Kylie Sturgess
- Chloe March “Blood-Red Spark” Out Now!
- Willem Gator’s “Locked-In Syndrome” Out Now!
- Kramies Featured on Crackerfarm (Mike Beyers)
- Slow Dancing Society ‘Lilacs’ Reviewd at The Burning Ear
- AWMA ‘Sterling Hayden and the Great Nobility’ Reviewed at Overblown
- Willem Gator “Locked-In Syndrome” Reviewed at Wicked Style
- Willem Gator “Locked-In Syndrome” Reviewed at Global Music Magazine
- Rewilding ‘High Desert’ Reviewed at The Sunday Experience