Six years on from their their brilliant 2009 release Soundcheck for a Missing Movie, Italys serpentine instrumental rock outfit HC-B have once again delivered the goods. ‘Deux’ is their new single taken from their forthcoming third album Rough. The track is a masterclass in slow-burning restraint, its guitar and bass melodies weaving around each other in dizzying patterns. The song’s cumulative power comes from the tenacity with which the band explore each facet of the main theme’s melodic colours before erupting into fuzzed-out power chords at the song’s climax. What’s even more impressive is hearing ‘Deux’ within the context of the album, as each of the five long pieces complement and play off each other, creating a satisfying whole that evolves kaleidoscopically with repeat listens.
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Liminal Drifter ‘Child’s Play’ – New Single!
- Battlestations “Splinters, Vol. I: Tremor” Out Now
- Willem Gator “Fragments Vol. 1″ EP Out Now!
- Summon the Birds ‘Losing My Religion’ (R.E.M. Cover)
- New Single from Forthcoming Memorybell Album
- Chloe March ‘All Things Good’ Reviewed at Fifty3 Musings on Music
- Chloe March ‘All Things Good’ Reviewed at Fresh on the Net
- Chloe March “Starlings and Crows” In Best of Mark Griffin’s Best of 2020
- “Moonchy & Tobias III” Reviewed at Keys and Chords
- “Moonchy & Tobias III” Reviewed at MPodia