“It’s difficult to listen to Down Review’s debut instrumental EP, From Here, For Anyone, without being reminded of early Broken Social Scene. It’s not as if these guys are offshoots from the Toronto indie collective or anything. Rather, the EP manages to mesmerize and mesh trippy guitar loops with defiant electronic beats in an immensely contagious manner. Broken Social Scene mastered this art, and don’t be surprised if Down Review soon attain as much hype. Four tracks and 23 minutes in length, From here, For Anyone rattles as much as it hums. It prods the subconscious with an array of sounds at once. For those who find Four Tet’s stuff a little tough on the melodies, you should know Down Review manages to escape that fate with an EP rich with color and promise.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Willem Gator “Fragments Vol. 1″ EP Out Now!
- Summon the Birds ‘Losing My Religion’ (R.E.M. Cover)
- New Single from Forthcoming Memorybell Album
- New Chloe March Single – ‘All Things Good’
- New Willem Gator Single, EP in February!
- Chloe March ‘All Things Good’ Reviewed at Fifty3 Musings on Music
- Chloe March ‘All Things Good’ Reviewed at Fresh on the Net
- Chloe March “Starlings and Crows” In Best of Mark Griffin’s Best of 2020
- “Moonchy & Tobias III” Reviewed at Keys and Chords
- “Moonchy & Tobias III” Reviewed at MPodia