Excerpt: “Richardson is sort of a Robert Pollard-styled musician, but here’s also glimpses of J Mascis’ guitar sound. Musically Evergreen is psychedelic, lo-fi, indie-rock, with a touch of late 1960s/early 1970s fuzzed and dirty psychedelic blues-rock. Jimi Hendrix comes to mind. Beefheart is mentioned in the press sheets. Along with Sebadoh, Pavement, and the aforementioned Pollard and Mascis, this makes sort of a schizophrenic mixture. But, it’s for sure an exciting blend.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Battlestations “Vixit” Out Now!
- Summon the Birds Sign to Hidden Shoal
- Slow Dancing Society’s “Lilac Lullabies” EP Out Now!
- New Battlestations Preview!
- New Slow Dancing Society Single and EP Pre-Order