Excerpt: “Richardson is sort of a Robert Pollard-styled musician, but here’s also glimpses of J Mascis’ guitar sound. Musically Evergreen is psychedelic, lo-fi, indie-rock, with a touch of late 1960s/early 1970s fuzzed and dirty psychedelic blues-rock. Jimi Hendrix comes to mind. Beefheart is mentioned in the press sheets. Along with Sebadoh, Pavement, and the aforementioned Pollard and Mascis, this makes sort of a schizophrenic mixture. But, it’s for sure an exciting blend.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Craig Hallsworth Announced for RTRFM’s In The Pines!
- Joe Sampson, Nathaniel Rateliff & Devotchka to Play Refugee Benefit
- New Washington Hebrew Single – Stream and Download!
- Washington Hebrew (aka Michael Kentoff of The Caribbean) Signs to Hidden Shoal!
- Slow Dancing Society Vinyl & Digital Debut Reissue Out Now!
- Craig Hallsworth “What’s The Story With This Hole?” Reviewed at Luna Kafe
- Joe Sampson “Chansons de Parade” Reviewed at Luna Kafe
- Slow Dancing Society “The Wagers of Love and Their Songs from the Witching Hour” Reviewed at Hypnagogue
- Slow Dancing Society ‘Radiance’ Reviewed at The Sunday Experience
- Todd Tobias “Gila Man” Reviewed at Festival Info