Excerpt: “I’m surprised that more people haven’t been talking about Toby Richardson. Take some of the bluesy aspects of Captain Beefheart and mix it with some ’90s college rock sensibilities and you’ve got the Toby Richardson sound. Fuzzed-out lo-fi classic rock is the order of the day, and Toby pulls off this slight ’60s pastiche with panache… By the time you reach the last song, it’s hard not to feel slightly overwhelmed as it is such an exaggerated sound, but that doesn’t mean that you won’t want to simply take a break, and start over again, as its exaggeration is laced with an addictive quality that will have you coming back for more.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Craig Hallsworth Announced for RTRFM’s In The Pines!
- Joe Sampson, Nathaniel Rateliff & Devotchka to Play Refugee Benefit
- New Washington Hebrew Single – Stream and Download!
- Washington Hebrew (aka Michael Kentoff of The Caribbean) Signs to Hidden Shoal!
- Slow Dancing Society Vinyl & Digital Debut Reissue Out Now!
- Craig Hallsworth “What’s The Story With This Hole?” Reviewed at Luna Kafe
- Joe Sampson “Chansons de Parade” Reviewed at Luna Kafe
- Slow Dancing Society “The Wagers of Love and Their Songs from the Witching Hour” Reviewed at Hypnagogue
- Slow Dancing Society ‘Radiance’ Reviewed at The Sunday Experience
- Todd Tobias “Gila Man” Reviewed at Festival Info