“I love the back story behind [The] Caseworker’s former band, Half Film. A couple of Irish musicians move to San Francisco in the 90’s to start a band. Not because of the Haight-Ashbury scene, or the Bay Area punk rockers, but because of Mark Eitzel. Mark.Eitzel. Half Film moved to San Francisco to be a slowcore band. I love that. 2/3 of that criminally overlooked band have reformed as [The] Caseworker playing in the similar vein to Codeine, Seam, American Music Club of navel-gazing, plodding guitar music accompanied with some truly inspired outsider pop elements a la Flying Nun Kiwi pop legends The Chills or The Clean. Perfect low-key pop album for walking on decaying leaves on some bright, chilly morning. I also love [The] Caseworker because, as a case worker (case manager is the preferred term for my agency) I totally understand the prevailing sadness and discontent that this album exudes. Welcome to my job.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Stunning New Kramies Video Featured in Billboard Magazine!
- Three Hidden Shoal Albums in Textura’s Best of 2018!
- New Chloe March Single, ‘Snow Bird’
- REW<< “Conversation Arctique” EP Out Now!
- Pledge and Get Slow Dancing Society’s “The Dusk Recital” on Vinyl!
- Kramies “Of all the Places Been & Everything the End” Reviewed at A Decouvrir Absolument
- Moonchy & Tobias ‘ La Bete Et La Belle’ Reviewed at Dark Life Experience
- Todd Tobias & Chloe March “Amialluma” Reviewed by Craig Laurance Gidney
- Kramies “Of All The Places Been & Everything The End” Reviewed at Americana UK
- Moonchy & Tobias Reviewed at Here Comes The Flood