‘Cupid’s Empty House’ has a wonderfully naive musicbox melody, counterbalanced with shuffling rhythms, ethereal wordless vocals and synth strings of a defiantly emotional tenor. Its accompanying video by Japanese video artist Haruka Shibuya builds a hazy narrative around the song’s roving quality. The video plays out like an intimate half-memory, a kind of internalised travelogue of an angel who lost their way in Tokyo. The track is the third single from REW<<’s recently released second album Olive Skinned, Silver Tongued Sirens Sing Swan Songs.
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Liminal Drifter “The Dreams” Out Now!
- New Connected View Single, EP Out Soon!
- New Slow Dancing Society Single from Forthcoming Album
- Liminal Drifter Interview at Fremantle Shipping News
- Medard Fischer “Lucky You” Out Now