‘Cupid’s Empty House’ has a wonderfully naive musicbox melody, counterbalanced with shuffling rhythms, ethereal wordless vocals and synth strings of a defiantly emotional tenor. Its accompanying video by Japanese video artist Haruka Shibuya builds a hazy narrative around the song’s roving quality. The video plays out like an intimate half-memory, a kind of internalised travelogue of an angel who lost their way in Tokyo. The track is the third single from REW<<’s recently released second album Olive Skinned, Silver Tongued Sirens Sing Swan Songs.
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- “Amialluma” in CFUV Top 30
- New Kramies Track Premiered at Culture Collide
- Isophene Joins the Hidden Shoal Family, Debut Album Out in October
- Liminal Drifter Riding the US Radio Charts!
- Alpha Hall ‘Rains’ Single & Video