‘Cupid’s Empty House’ has a wonderfully naive musicbox melody, counterbalanced with shuffling rhythms, ethereal wordless vocals and synth strings of a defiantly emotional tenor. Its accompanying video by Japanese video artist Haruka Shibuya builds a hazy narrative around the song’s roving quality. The video plays out like an intimate half-memory, a kind of internalised travelogue of an angel who lost their way in Tokyo. The track is the third single from REW<<’s recently released second album Olive Skinned, Silver Tongued Sirens Sing Swan Songs.
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Stunning New Kramies Video Featured in Billboard Magazine!
- Three Hidden Shoal Albums in Textura’s Best of 2018!
- New Chloe March Single, ‘Snow Bird’
- REW<< “Conversation Arctique” EP Out Now!
- Pledge and Get Slow Dancing Society’s “The Dusk Recital” on Vinyl!
- Kramies “Of all the Places Been & Everything the End” Reviewed at A Decouvrir Absolument
- Moonchy & Tobias ‘ La Bete Et La Belle’ Reviewed at Dark Life Experience
- Todd Tobias & Chloe March “Amialluma” Reviewed by Craig Laurance Gidney
- Kramies “Of All The Places Been & Everything The End” Reviewed at Americana UK
- Moonchy & Tobias Reviewed at Here Comes The Flood