‘Cupid’s Empty House’ has a wonderfully naive musicbox melody, counterbalanced with shuffling rhythms, ethereal wordless vocals and synth strings of a defiantly emotional tenor. Its accompanying video by Japanese video artist Haruka Shibuya builds a hazy narrative around the song’s roving quality. The video plays out like an intimate half-memory, a kind of internalised travelogue of an angel who lost their way in Tokyo. The track is the third single from REW<<’s recently released second album Olive Skinned, Silver Tongued Sirens Sing Swan Songs.
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Markus Mehr’s “Liquid Empires” Out Now (Cassette & Digital)
- Alpha Hall “Omens” Out Now!
- New REW<< Single Out Now, Remix EP Coming Soon
- Interview with Chloe March at Textura
- RL/VL “Chagrin” 10th Anniversary Re-Release
- Medard Fischer “Lucky You” Reviewed at EtherREAL
- Todd Tobias and Chloe March ‘Ma Leila Lulla’ Reviewed at Tome To The Weather Machine
- Todd Tobias & Chloe March “Amialluma” Reviewed at Textura
- Slow Dancing Society “The Torchlight Parade Vol. II” Reviewed at Textura
- Kramies ‘The Hill Dweller’ Reviewed at Half-Life Music