“I am an unabashed Hidden Shoal fan. The Australian label has been pumping out releases of lush, cinematic aspirations of ambient and neo-classical artists for a better part of it’s existence that, at times, is overcome by its eclectic output ranging from conspiracy-punks to 90’s slowcore revivalists to every deriviation of weirdos (Australian and otherwise) in between. Long Distance Transmissions, however, is a surprisingly cohesive collection of sprawling ambient, electro-acoustic, post-classical and just about ever derivation (Australian and otherwise) of lushly produced, slightly melancholic, wordless music in between. Highlights include Markus Mehr’s Tim Hecker-meets-Heinz Riegler meditative distorted synth composition “Hubble, the chopped and glitched electro-acoustic number by Kryshe, the minor key minimalist techno of Cheekbone and the emotional heft of the 80’s nostalgia of Slow Dancing Society’s bubbling arpeggios and soundtrack-worthy dynamics. It makes sense that Hidden Shoal also exists as a licensing company, many of these compositions, if not already, seem to soundtrack some deeply resonant scenes in films (never made).”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- New Single from The World of Dust ‘Tarot’ – Music Video & Stream
- Slow Dancing Society “Fantosmes” Out Now (Vinyl, Tape, CD & Digital)
- Three Questions With Connected View
- The World of Dust (feat. Todd Tobias) – New Single, Album Soon!
- Moonchy & Tobias in HCTF Best of 2018!
- Kramies ‘Of All The Places Been’ Reviewed at Fuzzy Logic
- Chloe March ‘Snow Bird’ Reviewed at Trust The Doc
- Alpha Hall “Omens” Reviewed at Forte
- Kramies “Of all the Places Been & Everything the End” Reviewed at A Decouvrir Absolument
- Moonchy & Tobias ‘ La Bete Et La Belle’ Reviewed at Dark Life Experience