Excerpt: “With their third release Seattle quintet Hotels are once again casting trembling post-rock and surf guitar lines across a synth-driven new wave backdrop. It’ an effective fusion, in which sombre riffs cut through tinkling keys and synthesiser or, in the case of The Bat Watusi, work together in an entirely spooky union. Lead singer Blake Madden adds another dimension to the sci-fi-meets-new-wave air, conjuring the occasional Ian Curtis comparison – especially during his more sedate moments in openers From The West and Lonely Islands. The record’ most interesting juxtaposition comes with Trouble At The Consulate, which sees a borderline Bond Theme guitar line running through an upbeat, spacey re-imagining of Love Will Tear Us Apart. The ’80s influences are strong, but the retro-futuristic edge makes this less a rehash and more the soundtrack to an outer space surf documentary.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- New Single from The World of Dust ‘Tarot’ – Music Video & Stream
- Slow Dancing Society “Fantosmes” Out Now (Vinyl, Tape, CD & Digital)
- Three Questions With Connected View
- The World of Dust (feat. Todd Tobias) – New Single, Album Soon!
- Moonchy & Tobias in HCTF Best of 2018!
- Kramies ‘Of All The Places Been’ Reviewed at Fuzzy Logic
- Chloe March ‘Snow Bird’ Reviewed at Trust The Doc
- Alpha Hall “Omens” Reviewed at Forte
- Kramies “Of all the Places Been & Everything the End” Reviewed at A Decouvrir Absolument
- Moonchy & Tobias ‘ La Bete Et La Belle’ Reviewed at Dark Life Experience