At the heart of The Star Department‘s superb debut album The Pea Green Boat lies ‘Stitches and Sleeves’. The track is bound together by a heartbreaking guitar line, a silvery waltz-time figure that sends shivers up the spine. Combined with shuffling drums, a muted yet ominous horn section, and Justin Commins vulnerable, almost defeated vocal, the song radiates melancholic pop magic.
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Christopher Sky “Vastness” Out Now (Digital and Vinyl)
- Isophene’s “Reverbatory” Lands in CJSW Top 5!
- New Moonchy & Tobias Music Video
- Kramies’ First Vinyl Date
- Kramies Featured in Atwood Magazine
- Erik Nilsson “The Imperfect Tense” Reviewed at EtherReal
- Kramies ‘The Hill Dweller’ Reviewed at Culture Collide
- Lunar Landscape “The Infinite Pleasure of Being” Reviewed at The Joy of Violent Movement
- Markus Mehr “Liquid Empires” Reviewed at A Closer Listen
- Kramies “Of All the Places Been & Everything the End” Reviewed at The Grey Lantern