“It’s difficult to listen to Down Review’s debut instrumental EP, From Here, For Anyone, without being reminded of early Broken Social Scene. It’s not as if these guys are offshoots from the Toronto indie collective or anything. Rather, the EP manages to mesmerize and mesh trippy guitar loops with defiant electronic beats in an immensely contagious manner. Broken Social Scene mastered this art, and don’t be surprised if Down Review soon attain as much hype. Four tracks and 23 minutes in length, From here, For Anyone rattles as much as it hums. It prods the subconscious with an array of sounds at once. For those who find Four Tet’s stuff a little tough on the melodies, you should know Down Review manages to escape that fate with an EP rich with color and promise.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- “Amialluma” in CFUV Top 30
- New Kramies Track Premiered at Culture Collide
- Isophene Joins the Hidden Shoal Family, Debut Album Out in October
- Liminal Drifter Riding the US Radio Charts!
- Alpha Hall ‘Rains’ Single & Video