“It’s difficult to listen to Down Review’s debut instrumental EP, From Here, For Anyone, without being reminded of early Broken Social Scene. It’s not as if these guys are offshoots from the Toronto indie collective or anything. Rather, the EP manages to mesmerize and mesh trippy guitar loops with defiant electronic beats in an immensely contagious manner. Broken Social Scene mastered this art, and don’t be surprised if Down Review soon attain as much hype. Four tracks and 23 minutes in length, From here, For Anyone rattles as much as it hums. It prods the subconscious with an array of sounds at once. For those who find Four Tet’s stuff a little tough on the melodies, you should know Down Review manages to escape that fate with an EP rich with color and promise.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Kramies “Of All The Places Been & Everything The End” Out Now!
- New Alpha Hall Single and Music Video
- Markus Mehr’s “Liquid Empires” Out Now (Cassette & Digital)
- Alpha Hall “Omens” Out Now!
- New REW<< Single Out Now, Remix EP Coming Soon
- Medard Fischer “Lucky You” Reviewed at EtherREAL
- Todd Tobias and Chloe March ‘Ma Leila Lulla’ Reviewed at Tome To The Weather Machine
- Todd Tobias & Chloe March “Amialluma” Reviewed at Textura
- Slow Dancing Society “The Torchlight Parade Vol. II” Reviewed at Textura
- Kramies ‘The Hill Dweller’ Reviewed at Half-Life Music