Excerpt: “Cheekbone is the work of Japanese experimentalist Koruichi Moriuchi, who constructs warm electronic sounds through his laptop, with one foot firmly planted in Tangerine Dream territory and the other in the sequenced guitar soundscapes of contemporary electronica. Yesterday is expertly sequenced; short soundscapes drift and merge into one another, while intricate beats, deft samples, and obscured field recordings are woven into the mix… Yesterday acts as a poignant snapshot of nostalgic (and often forgotten) memories amidst the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It’s avant-garde yet accessible; it’s electronic yet shares little in common with scene stalwarts like Aphex Twin and Autechre. And did I mention it is the perfect soundtrack for a lazy summer afternoon, relaxing next to the Mediterranean Sea?”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Stunning New Kramies Video Featured in Billboard Magazine!
- Three Hidden Shoal Albums in Textura’s Best of 2018!
- New Chloe March Single, ‘Snow Bird’
- REW<< “Conversation Arctique” EP Out Now!
- Pledge and Get Slow Dancing Society’s “The Dusk Recital” on Vinyl!
- Kramies “Of all the Places Been & Everything the End” Reviewed at A Decouvrir Absolument
- Moonchy & Tobias ‘ La Bete Et La Belle’ Reviewed at Dark Life Experience
- Todd Tobias & Chloe March “Amialluma” Reviewed by Craig Laurance Gidney
- Kramies “Of All The Places Been & Everything The End” Reviewed at Americana UK
- Moonchy & Tobias Reviewed at Here Comes The Flood