“Sterling Hayden was an American actor who starred in such classics as Dr. Strangelove and The Long Goodbye. No idea what that has to do with this experimental rock/post-rock jam from trio AWMA. Regardless, the song is a trippy and hypnotic adventure that eschews convention to craft a sound that sits somewhere between the unpredictability of a jam band and the careful consideration of the best post-rock groups. This one has a mantra like quality that imbues the track with a religious vibe that is equally endearing and unnerving. The outfit features ex-members of the San Francisco-based slow-core outfit Half Film. Which is nice.”
Hidden Shoal MixTape
- Hidden Shoal Artists Featured in Scene Point Blank’s “Pass The Mic”
- Three Questions With Target Archery
- Fantastic Liminal Drifter Interview with Kylie Sturgess
- Chloe March “Blood-Red Spark” Out Now!
- Willem Gator’s “Locked-In Syndrome” Out Now!
- Slow Dancing Society ‘Lilacs’ Reviewd at The Burning Ear
- AWMA ‘Sterling Hayden and the Great Nobility’ Reviewed at Overblown
- Willem Gator “Locked-In Syndrome” Reviewed at Wicked Style
- Willem Gator “Locked-In Syndrome” Reviewed at Global Music Magazine
- Rewilding ‘High Desert’ Reviewed at The Sunday Experience